News & Updates
June 24, 2020
Supreme Court of India issues notice for manner of hearings during the summer vacation
The Supreme Court of India issued a notice (on June 19, 2020) elaborating on the manner of functioning of the Court during the summer vacation. Some of the points of particular importance are as follows:
- During the first week of the summer vacations (viz. from June 22 to June 26, 2020), two Division Benches, one Hon’ble Court of Judges in Chamber and one Registrar Court will conduct hearings through Video Conferencing/ Tele-conferencing mode.
- During the second week (viz. from June 29, 2020 to July 3, 2020), the hearings will be conducted on June 30, 2020 and July 3, 2020 through Video Conferencing/ Tele-conferencing mode.
- The existing ‘Standard Operating Procedure’ for Advocates and party-inperson uploaded on the website on 14.06.2020 will continue to operate and be followed for listing and hearing of matters before Hon’ble Judge in-Chamber and Ld. Registrar Court.
- The matters mentioned on grounds of urgency before Vacation Courts will be placed before the competent authority and only after the approval thereof, the matter may be processed for listed before the Court.
- The physical Filing Counter will be closed for two weeks and filing of documents will be allowed through e-filing. However, in case of extreme exigency, the Registry may open the physical Filing Counter.
The notification can be accessed at: https://main.sci.gov.in/pdf/cir/19062020_132630.pdf