Areas of Interest
- Geographical Indications & Appellations of Origin; Place Name Genericity; Traditional Knowledge, Folklore & Heritage-IP; Community & Habitat-IP; IP Rights Versus Adivasis, Scheduled Areas, Scheduled Tribes & Indigenous People’s Rights; IP in a Diatopic Context; IP in Artisanal Foods & Ancient Grain; IP in Seeds and Farmers’ Varieties; Associated & Series Trademarks; Certification Marks; Trade Dress, Shape Marks & Features; Emboxment, Packaging & Get Up; Malafide Trademarks; Copyright Fair Dealing & Fair Use; Publishing; Acknowledgements & Credits; Plagiarism; Citations & Referencing; Press, Reporting & Journalism; Freedom of Speech & Expression; Censorship; Civil Defamation; Obscenity; Criminal Defamation
- IP Practice; Foreign Versus Domestic IP; Fault Lines in IP-Law Practice; Mismatch Between Aspirations of Associates and Expectations of Partners in IP-Law Firms; Future of IP-Law Firms in India; Alignments & Divergences Between IP-Law Practice & Other Types of Law-Practice; Firm Versus Solo Practice of IP-Law
Licenses, Accreditations, Internships & Education
- B.B.A LL.B (Hons.), National Law University, Odisha (NLUO).
- ‘Rights of Indigenous People- Identity crisis in a Melting pot’ in the Journal of Contemporary Issues of Law, Vol. 2 Issue 3, April, 2016 (with Tanya Bajpai)
Volunteering in Firm Management
- Responsibilities in relation to coordinating ‘Law School Engagement’ between the firm and law schools